TRUCK TRANSIT PARK OBOLLO-AFOR
The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Nigerian Shippers’, intends to facilitate the establishment of a Truck Transit Park facility, Obollo-Afor, Enugu State via a Public Private Partnership arrangement on a Build-Operate and Transfer basis (the Project or “Obollo-Afor TTP Project”).
NSC is desirous of procuring a Concessionaire/Developer to design, build, finance, manage and operate a Truck Transit Park, Obollo-Afor, Enugu State, and transfer the facility back to the Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC) after an agreed period of time, on a Build-Operate-Transfer basis.
In line with the extant laws and regulations as stipulated for Public Private Partnership procurement process, NSC engaged the services of Catamaran Nigeria Limited to act as Transaction Advisors, to anchor pre- development phase as well as providing assistance to the Ministry in procuring a credible and capable Concessionaire that would undertake the development of the TTP facility.
The pre-development phase of the Project culminated in the development of an Outline Business Case submitted to the Infrastructure Concession and Regulatory Commission. Having reviewed the OBC report, ICRC has issued an OBC Compliance Certificate in accordance with the ICRC (Est.) Act 2005 and the National Policy on Public Private Partnership. As the statutory authority responsible for facilitating trade and protection of cargo interest in all transport modes, the Nigerian Shippers’ Council shall represent the FGN in the implementation of the Project.
- In the Qualification Stage, Applicants would be required to furnish all the information specified in this RFQ. Only those Applicants that are qualified and short-listed by the PC TTP shall be invited to submit their Bids for the Project. Those who are shortlisted must execute a Non-Disclosure Agreement. The PC TTP is likely to provide a comparatively short time span for submission of the Bids for the Project.
- In the Bid Stage, the Bidders will be called upon to submit their technical and financial offers (the “Bids”) in accordance with the RFP and other documents to be provided by the PC TTP (collectively the “Bidding Documents”).
- During the Bid Stage, Bidders are invited to examine the Project in greater detail, and to carry out, at their cost, such studies as may be required for submitting their respective Bids for implementation of the Project.
- As part of the Bidding Documents, the PC TTP will provide draft heads of terms for the Concession Agreement as well as other information pertaining/ relevant to the Project.
- There shall be a public financial bid opening and the bidders will be requested to attend. Details of the entire process to be followed at the Bid Stage and the terms thereof will be spelt out in the Bidding Documents.
- At this stage (“the Negotiation Stage”) upon the completion of the bid evaluation process, the consortium submitting the preferred bid will be notified and a public announcement made. Subsequently, negotiations with the preferred bidder will commence to agree on terms and conditions of contract to ensure that risks are allocated in the most efficient manner and rewards are commensurate with the risks undertaken by each party.
How to bid
- Start your bidding process by registering your details in the portal.
- Follow the instruction provided in the portal and bid.