GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETION OF MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORMS FOR NSC SHIPPERS’ REGISTRATION SCHEME
Application form and membership registration are both free of charge.
- Obtain application form from Consumer Affairs Department (CAD) at the Head Office, any of our Coordinating / Area Offices or download from here
Attach the following documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation for applicants under corporate category
- Certificate of Registration of Business Name
- Copy of bill of lading of most recent transactions
- Photocopy of Certificate of Registration with Nigerian Export Promotion Council (for exporters)
2. Submit completed application form to the nearest office of the Council.
Benefits of Membership :
Members have access to the following:
- Circulars and publications from the Council
- Legal and regulatory policies, conventions on international shipping activities
- Information Services - On trade contract, shipping position, inland container depots,
vessel information and cargo location at the ports, alternative routes for shipments, commodity
and customer sourcing
- Advisory Services - Economic policies rendered to shippers and government on matters
that affect international trade by sea, air and land
- Advocacy - Option of conciliation, mediation and arbitration in preference to litigation
- Education/Enlightenment - Comprehensive education programme aimed at equipping importers and exporters to trade successfully through workshops and seminars Support Services
- Other support services offered by Council including Cargo Defence Fund which Provides services such as Legal/Technical Advice, loan to pursue Litigation or arbitration, payment for Risk Management Services, Foreign Legal Representation, Cover for Specified Risks as agreed, Quality Information Services, General Risk Management Advice and Provision of alternative Dispute Resolution Forum.